This is a quick post, nothing too fancy. I made a carrot cake simply out of the unused ingredients from another meal… I used the recipe from blog poezja-smaku.pl, which I wholeheartedly recommend. Ingredients:
- 1.5 glass of grated carrots (about 3-4). I used way more since I didn’t have any use of carrots from a vegetable package that I use for another meal.
- 1.5 glass of flour.
- 4 eggs.
- 1 glass of oil. I used canola oil.
- 1 glass of sugar. I used 1/3 of a glass.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1 flat teaspoon of soda.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. I used more like 2.
- 1 teaspoon of gingerbread spices, it can be skipped. I had it, so I used it.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar.
- 1 glass of cut walnuts. I didn’t have any. I used 1/4 glass of sunflower seeds instead.
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
I followed the recipe exactly. Eggs I beat with sugar and vanilla sugar for 3 minutes, then I started adding oil. When oil was not visible floating anymore, I gradually added flour mixed with salt, soda and baking powder. The dough is supposed to be dense, and this is what I received. Then I added gingerbread spices and cinnamon, and finally all the grated carrots and sunflower seeds that I decided to use instead of walnuts. All was well stirred. The original recipe required a 26 cm diameter tin, but I used a 20 cm one which was fine. I put baking paper into it, making sure it fills the inside, but does not rip. I poured the dough, and only then I cut the excess paper with scissors. I put it into the pre-heated oven and waited 50 minutes. Temperature should be 180°C.
Overall, it turned out to be very tasty!
Link to the original recipe: https://www.poezja-smaku.pl/ciasto-marchewkowe/